County Re-Opens Cooling Centers for Residents | Environment
It’s going to be another hot one today with temperatures expected to rise to 100 degrees.
Prince George’s County will re-open seven air-conditioned cooling centers throughout the County for a second day to help residents beat the heat.
Cooling centers open for Seniors at the following locations:
· New Carrolton Nutrition Center, 6016 Princess Garden Parkway, Lanham, MD (10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
· Camp Springs Senior Activity Center, 6420 Allentown Road, Camp Springs, MD (9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
Cooling centers open for the General Public from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.:
· Rollingcrest-Chillum Community Center, 6120 Sargent Road, Chillum, MD
· Hillcrest Heights Community Center, 2300 Oxon Run Drive, Temple Hills, MD
· Oakcrest Community Center, 1300 Capitol Heights Boulevard, Capitol Heights, MD
· Fairland Sports and Aquatics Center, 13820 and 13950 Old Gunpowder Road, Laurel, MD
· Palmer Park Community Center, 7720 Barlowe Road, Landover, MD
For more information, contact the Prince George’s County Office of Emergency Management at 301-780-8180.